A Little Chat

Like I have said before, one of the perks of being where I am is smart (and luckily, genuine) people. This is an abridged version of a conversation I just had yesterday.
First, one of the most relieving things I felt was that curiosity and eagerness could get rewarded! It isn't either or not thing. I am surrounded equally by people who are ambitious and career-oriented with just that on their mind but thankfully a senior prescence who is not solely focused on that. Like, as far as I know.
To get there , to think in this wonderful manner, you need to read and be so curious about everything! Keep asking questions and try to connect the dots to you existing body of knowledge.That means exposing yourself to many, many things - drama, art, literature, whatever. Even then though, it's about how much you absorb.. Really see things and really hear. Otherwise, how do you really get things? He said it doesn't come to everyone but also said how its benefits might not be quantifiable. How many seniors also don't have it but like life goes on. Critical thinking is an important skill in my opinion as well. Here's to me becoming that.
It's just so inspiring and encouraging to be in the same room as him. He gives out so much positivity, direction and ideas. His time is important. Always off to somewhere, doing something important.
Let me think... what else did he tell me that day? I should have written it all down that day itself.
That, ya, there is no correct way to get to where you want. All the checkboxes might never get ticked. Depending on the future is poppycock. (Paraphrasing and shortening it).
So, basically, do what makes you happy.

Comments

Popular Posts